Tuesday 14 March 2017

The 73rd Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast: A Magnificent Series: Secret Wars Revisited.

When I set out to record the latest video for my YouTube Channel: Comicbook Broadcaster, I decided to talk about the Marvel Superheroes Secret Wars Limited Series that was released in 1984 (wow!) it didn't dawn on me that I had already talked about Secret Wars right here on my blog.  Yeah I did, I had totally forgotten.  So, instead of giving up, I decided to go ahead and record the video and post it up on YouTube.  That brings us to the 73rd Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast: A Magnificent Series: Secret Wars Revisited.  Long title, I know but I couldn't think of anything snappy. 

Now if you want to have a look at my previous blog entries on Secret Wars, I thought I would include the links for you, yes I said links, there's more than one, there were THREE, count 'em THREE entries I did on Secret Wars.  Here they are:

You can read Part one here:

http://thecosmiccomicbookbroadcast.blogspot.my/2015/06/the-34th-cosmic-comic-book-broadcast.html

Part two:

http://thecosmiccomicbookbroadcast.blogspot.my/2015/07/the-35th-cosmic-comic-book-broadcast.html

and finally Part three here:



So there you go.  Now you might be asking, why do a video on The Secret Wars Limited Series if I've already covered it in my blog.  Well, when I was doing my homework researching the Limited Series, I realized that come May of this year, Secret Wars will be 33 years old.  33 years old, that's a whole living person right there.  I was shocked, well impressed is the better word and when I asked around if anyone remembers Secret Wars, many people were still fans of the Limited Series and remember it fondly.  many would credit Secret Wars as the comic series that brought them in comics. Wow!  Some would call Secret Wars one of if not the most significant comic book series ever.  It's a highly rated series right up there with Crisis on Infinite Earths from DC Comics.  High praise indeed.


And Secret Wars had a really great storyline behind it.  The Superheroes of Earth go missing,  nobody, not even the other superheroes knew what had happened to them.  Leaving everyone wondering "WHERE ARE THEY?"
 Well, we knew where our heroes were.  On Battleworld and they were not alone.
Yeah.... they had a few...friends with them and they even brought with them a really, really, really BIG dude.
Galactus gets knocked out!! Wow and all this happens in the first issue of Secret Wars.  It was also in Secret Wars that Spider-Man got a new costume.
You get the idea, overall Marvel Superheroes Secret Wars was indeed a truly exciting and in those days a ground breaking mini or limited series.  Over the years there have been many series similar to Secret Wars but I still treasure this unique 12 issue Limited Series.  Okay, so let's get to the video I recorded for my YouTube channel about Marvel Superheroes Secret Wars. 

Here's the link to my YouTube Channel:

Hope you enjoy the video.  Thanks for dropping by for this edition of the Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.  If you have the time, please leave me a like on my channel, leave a comment and subscribe to my channel.  I appreciate it.  Until next time, take care and enjoy your comics!!



 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 116th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Here's a blast from the past. It's a classic featuring my favorite wall crawler and one of my favorite super-villains. This is t...