Tuesday 29 January 2019

Your 90th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Hey it's Your 90th B'Cast, only ten to go to Your 100th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast and it only took me a few.. ...years.
So for this edition of the B'Cast, I'm going to feature the art of George Perez. Yeah I'm sure you know by now, George Perez has announced his retirement which is sad. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy he can now take a break and enjoy a well deserved retirement but I was hoping that one day I will meet him but it seems that's not going to happen.
That's a cover George Perez will be remembered for, Crisis On Infinite Earths.
And he's also well known for his run on the New Teen Titans with Marv Wolfman.
Whenever he draws a cover, he puts in a lot and I mean a lot of details.
Apart from the big two of comics, George Perez has also worked on a number of other titles for other companies. I wish I had the chance to see his work on Isaac Asimov's I-Bots. Here's the cover to issue # 1.
He's worked on Ultraforce for Malibu Comics.
And I believe he's left his unique mark on the Man Of Steel as well. I love that cover.
There are very few artists who can do what George Perez does. The amount of detail in his work and the number of characters he's able to draw is just unimaginable.
I was hoping one day to meet George but I don't think that will happen. I just wanted to share this post today. I'll have another post soon featuring more of George Perez's artwork. Some of my favorites.
Thanks for dropping by.  Take care and see you next time comic fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 116th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Here's a blast from the past. It's a classic featuring my favorite wall crawler and one of my favorite super-villains. This is t...