Monday 4 February 2019

Your 92nd Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Welcome to your 92nd Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast. For this edition, I've got more favorite covers to share with you on the B'Cast.
After I posted a few of my favorite covers a few weeks ago, I actually got some response on Twitter and I got a few suggestions. I'm going to look for the suggested covers and post them in a future B'Cast.
But for this edition, a look at three great covers which were part of a crossover event which took place from January to March of 1988. This event spanned 3 issues of 3 different titles. The event wasn't your usual crossovers because this one wasn't intertwined. They were linked as each title showed the characters going through some drastic changes in their status quo.
Okay here it is, my three favorite covers from The  Fall of the Mutants in The Uncanny X-Men.
Okay, just to be clear, this isn't a cover. It was the Marvel In-House As for Fall of the Mutants with art by Alan Davis.
For the Uncanny X-Men, the Fall Of the Mutants spanned three issues with the covers showcasing the art of Marc Silvestri and Dan Green.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw this beautiful cover by Silvestri and Green.  Love the detail in this cover. I personally think both Silvestri and Green worked very well together and both took their artwork to a different level.
This issue was titled : False Dawn. What an issue it was. The X-Men are trying to locate Storm by heading to Dallas where they clash with Freedom Force.
Their work was excellent and they continued doing great work with the next cover.
This issue was titled: Go Tell the Spartans. Another beautiful cover by Silvestri and Green.
In this issue, the X-Men form an uneasy alliance with Freedom Force in order to stop the attack of Adversary as both teams take refuge in Eagle Plaza, Dallas.
The art from the cover to the interior was excellent. Great job by the creative team, which continued in the next issue as the X-Men and Adversary face off in their final showdown.
This issue was titled: The Belly of the Beast. Another beautiful Silvestri and Green cover.
If you haven't read this issue or the issues before it,  then I highly recommend it. The artwork alone is worth the price of admission. The story by Chris Claremont is a well crafted story which makes you believe this is the end of the X-Men (you're gonna have to read this, no spoilers)
Suffice to say, Claremont crafted a story that will turn the page in anticipation. This is what comics are meant to be. A perfect combination of art and story,  well for me anyway.
I know I said this B'Cast is about the covers but I'm going to share a few pages from all three issues. This is to show just how good Silvestri and Green's art is and just how good Claremont's writing was for these three issues.
I remember when I first saw Marc Silvestri on the Uncanny X-Men and I have to admit,  I was like, he's okay but my opinions changed when I saw how his work just kept getting better and better and it appealed to me with each issue, each page and panel.
Here's a great example of just how good Silvestri is. These two pages with Spiral giving Dazzler a "new look" was so shocking, I remember rereading the pages again to see what happened. At the time, that was a holy crap moment.
I really love the work and effort put in by Marc Silvestri and Dan Green in these issues.
Again, if you have the chance, have a look at The Fall of the Mutants storyline. You won't regret. I'm won't regret as you'll definitely be caught up in a comicbook that will grab you and take you along for a great ride as you read about the X-Men and their efforts to save a world that fears and hates them.
For the next edition of the B'Cast, I'll have another look at more of my favorite covers. I hope you enjoyed this edition of the B'Cast. If you have a favorite cover you'd like to share, then let me know.  Leave a comment or join me here again on the Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.
You take care and I'll see you again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 116th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Here's a blast from the past. It's a classic featuring my favorite wall crawler and one of my favorite super-villains. This is t...