Tuesday 13 October 2015

The 51st Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast: A Milestone Part 2

It has not been a good few months for me, first I caught a flu bug and it took me a long time to recover from that.  You'd think it would be clear sailing after that but Noooooooooooo, I had to go and eat airline food.  I mean relatives and friends have reminded me, nay warned me, don't eat airline food if you can avoid it.  Especially food from an airline that's been going through some budget cuts and is downsizing. Well, the signs were there, I was just hungry and tired, never a good combination when you're making any decision.

So what did I do when they offered me an egg sandwich?  Did I say: "No Thanks, I'm fine?" Nope, I said: "Hey, Sure." Famous. Last. Words.  Words that would haunt me for the past few days.  I ate a very questionable Egg Sandwich on a flight I took.  A few hours later I started feeling a little uneasy. Minutes would pass and I would now feel, a little sick and then it happened.....minutes and hours spent in the toilet.  I won't go any further, it wasn't fun or pretty.

Food Poisoning is NEVER FUN.  This lasted for about two days, I was in pain, I was dizzy, I was hungry but I couldn't eat, I was hungry but I had no appetite for anything.  I just drank water but not enough apparently.  All this when I wanted to maintain some sort of consistency on this broadcast.  I was miserable. I did not relish the thought of writing about anything while I had food poisoning.  After a visit to the doctor, a lot of water, some medication and some much needed sleep, I am almost back to normal (?) I'm also eager to get started on the Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast.

Now where was I, oh yeah, I went to my first ever Comic Con.  This event was held in Singapore.  I was excited to be there.  This would be my first ever comic con, it was the Singapore Toy Game and Comic Convention.  One of the major reason I went to the STGCC was because that year, the STGCC was attended by Adi Granov, David Mack, Dexter Soy, C.B. Cebulski, Nathan Hamill and the one and the only Joe Madureira.

As mentioned the STGCC got off to a great start for myself and my buddy Justin.  We met David Mack just as we entered the main hall.  It was a great, we bought some prints of his art and he autographed them for us.  We had our photographs taken with DAVID MACK!!!!  Next we walked around the main hall and saw all the displays, we met Adi Granov who was there courtesy of Play Imaginative.  Again we did what any fan would do, we bought his posters and asked him for his autograph and we had our photographs taken.  It was a great experience for me as I never thought I would have a chance like this. Ever. I was in fanboy heaven.

Well after we walked around some more, we went to what the STGCC called The Walk Of Fame to meet Joe Mad!!
We waited in a line for a few minutes, we were all lined up and man the line was LONG!  Luckily Justin and I decided to buy the VIP tickets which gave us some privileges, it was worth it.  A few minutes went by and one of the event staff led Joe Madureira to the table where we could meet him, as he passed by I didn't know came over me, I let out a little WooHoo.  Joe turned back with a puzzled look on his face.  I kept quiet.  I was busy wondering to myself: " What was I thinking?"  Oh well.
Joe Mad was really friendly and also personable.  Answering all our questions and autographing ALOT of comics.  We saw some really great comics being autographed.  Justin and I brought a handful of comics with us, comics we collected over the years.  I was excited waiting in line, waiting for my turn and finally it was time for Justin and I to meet Joe Madureira!!
Justin went first with his collection of Joe Madureira comics.
Justin and his autographed copy of The Uncanny X Men by Joe Madureira.
Then it was my turn, I couldn't believe that I was finally meeting with Joe Madureira, the artist who drew the X -Men, the Amazing Spider Man, Battle Chasers and just so many others.  It was a dream come true.
This was one of the comics I got Joe Madureira to sign, the variant cover to House of M # 1.  I was Happy!!
Gee was I happy?  Going all the way to Singapore to meet Joe Madureira?  Getting his autograph?  having my picture taken with him?  OH YEAH!!!

But that was the end of my first time at a Comic Con, nope, the day had just started.  Remember I mentioned in my last broadcast how we met David Mack as we entered the main hall?  Well, David Mack would also be making an appearance at the Artist Walk Of Fame. Justin and I walked around some more and then came back to the Walk Of Fame.
Just before we got in line to meet David Mack, we bought a copy of Daredevil, one which had a beautiful David Mack cover.  I was excited waiting in line, when it was finally our turn, we introduced ourselves again to David Mack.  He is a very gracious person and someone who took the time to talk to each of his fans.  I waited my turn and asked him a question.  What did I ask David Mack?  Well the answer to that is in the 52nd Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast.  I intended for this to be a two parter but there's just so many pics I want to share, so there's going to be a part four and that's coming your way soon.  Very soon.

Thanks for dropping by for the Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast.  Thank you for having a look at this blog, I appreciate it.  See you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 116th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Here's a blast from the past. It's a classic featuring my favorite wall crawler and one of my favorite super-villains. This is t...