Wednesday 24 June 2015

The 33rd Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast: Mylites to the Rescue Part 3

Welcome to the latest Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast, the 33rd broadcast.  It's good to be back.  Thanks for dropping by.  As the title suggests, I want to share a few more comics I managed to bag and board just the other day.  I said once before that I believe I made a good investment with my recent purchase of some Mylites 2 and Fullbacks.  So far it felt good to be able to bag and board some of my comics.

I have to admit that there are a few other comics that are damaged and maybe beyond repair but I am going to try and bag and board as many as I can.  I featured a few of the issues that are still in good or fine condition.  I'll be posting more of these comics from my collection.  I hope you'll like them.  Okay let's get to the broadcast.
This is Fantastic four #2, the second issue of the Heroes Return 1998 Fantastic Four title.  Now this is the variant edition to Fantastic Four # 2, I featured that issue in the 32nd Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast.  That edition had Susan Storm on the cover, the art by Alan Davis & Mark Farmer.  This Variant edition has a cover by Carlos Pacheco and Scott Hanna, just for your information Carlos Pacheco drew a few issues of Fantastic Four before the Heroes Reborn storyline and then a few years later Pachecho would take over as regular penciller and co writer of the Fantastic Four.  I love this cover and I'm lucky that this issue is still in great condition.
The cover to The Uncanny X Men 336.  Joe Madureira and Tim Townsend supplied the cover to this issue featuring Onslaught (Professor Charles Xavier) and Franklin Richards.  In this issue, Inside of Onslaught's citadel, Franklin Richards desperately tries to wake Professor X up; Outside, the Avengers, FF and X-Men desperately try to figure out how to find a way in and rescue their loved ones; Joseph confronts Onslaught and is able to pull Xavier free of the villain's chest plate where he is trapped; Unfortunately, this only makes Onslaught stronger and he causes a massive explosion in the heart of New York City.  It was an exciting issue with some great artwork from Joe Madureira and a team of inkers.  I love this issue and I was really happy to see that it's still in great condition as well.  In the bag it goes.
This is a beautiful cover, again the artists for this cover is Joe Madureira and Tim Townsend.  This is a special edition of The Uncanny X Men 320.  This edition of Uncanny X Men 320 is the Gold Logo Giveaway from Wizard Magazine.  There are other variants out there.  I am so happy I didn't sell or swap this issue when I first got it years ago.  In this issue, the road to Age of Apocalypse, the X-Men try to stop a sane and dangerous Legion who now has the power to manipulate time; The team gets zapped back to the past when Legion travels there.  Beautiful comic that looks great with Mylar.  Beautiful.
One of my all time favorite issues of The Uncanny X Men, this is issue # 184.  The beautiful cover is by John Romita Jr and Dan Green featuring Prof. X, Rachel Summer and Selene.  I love John Romita Jr.'s artwork.  He and Dan Green made a great team on this title.  This issue is titled The Past.. Of Future Days where Forge has created a weapon that takes away super-powers; Selene chases a time tripping Rachel right into the X-Men's arms.  A great comic, a classic and a definite keeper.  Really happy that I bought the mylar bags to protect this issue.
Fantastic Four # 274.  I love this title, Fantastic Four was my very first comic book ever.  I started reading comics thanks to an issue of Fantastic Four.  This issue is by Writer/Artist John Byrne.  He supplied this incredible cover featuring the ever Lovin' Blue Eyed Thing.  He is of course Ben Grimm, Rocky Grimm Space Ranger.  In this issue The Thing, Frankenstein's Monster, and a werewolf battle a mad scientist on the Beyonder's World, the story continues in part from Thing #19 and continues in part in Thing #20 and Spidey's black costume escapes from the Fantastic Four HQ.  The Interior art for this issue is by John Byrne and Inks by Al Gordon.

Looking at these comics, I am really pleased with how they look in the mylar bags.  I hoping that these bags will keep these issues in good condition.  I was told that mylars are the top of the line.  This has been fun for me to find these old comics again and bagging and boarding them.  Yeah I don't get out too much.

Thanks for dropping by for the 33rd Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast.  Before I bring this broadcast to a close, I want to say thank you to the Grand Comic Database.  The GCD is a great place to go for information on comic books, anything you want to know about your favorite comic, you can find out by going to the GCD's website www.comics.org

Thanks again for dropping by, I hope you liked this edition of the broadcast, until next time, take care my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 116th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Here's a blast from the past. It's a classic featuring my favorite wall crawler and one of my favorite super-villains. This is t...