Saturday 23 March 2019

Your 101st Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast

Hey there Comic Fans, welcome to your 101st Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.
As usual, thanks for dropping by. Hope you're doing alright.
Now, for this edition of the B'Cast, I'm going to talk about one of my favorite Marvel Comics characters.
He is none other than The Punisher!
The first time I read about Frank Castle was in this issue.  The Punisher Limited Series # 1 featuring a cover by Mike Zeck and Phil Zimelman. Mike Zeck also did the interior art with inker John Beatty.  I became a Punisher fan almost instantly. This comic blew me away and introduced to me a character I knew but never really followed.  Then came Issue # 2 of the Punisher.
After this issue, I was hooked instantly. I became a fan. Another great cover by Mike Zeck and Phil Zimelman.
Now I won't be giving you any new insight into this character or ananything like that.  There are other sites and blogs who do that sort of thing better than me. I am going to say that I don't like what Marvel did to the Punisher.
From the Frankencastle storyline to the cosmic Ghost Rider thing, I lost track of what the Punisher has become. Marvel no longer knows how to depict Frank Castle, in my opinion, they just throw whatever they have at him and hope and pray something works. Oh well.  I can grumble and moan about how crappy Marvel treats their characters but the powers that be won't listen to a lowly comicbook fan.
Anyway, what I intend to do here is to share the artwork featuring The Punisher by certain artists.
These are my favorites, like the covers by Mike Zeck and Phil Zimelman.
So, I hope you'll like the art I'm going to share for this edition of the B'Cast. Enjoy.
The Punisher Limited Series # 3 by Zeck and Zimelman.
The Punisher Limited Series # 4 by Zeck and Zimelman.
The Punisher Limited Series # 5 by Zeck and Zimelman.
And right here, we have a beautiful piece by Mike Zeck and John Beatty who both did the art for the Punisher Limited Series.  Issue # 5 featured pencils by Mike Vossburg.
Here's another artist who had drew The Punisher. Another favorite of mine. Bill Reinhold. 
Another artist who put his unique stamp on Frank Castle was Timothy Bradstreet.
John Romita Jr and Klaus Janson gave us their rendition of the Punisher in The Punisher War Zone. I remember reading that John Romita Jr drew Frank a little differently than other artists. He made me look grittier and patterned Frank's overall look after one of his uncles.
 John Romita Jr and Klaus Janson's Punisher.
I'm also a big fan of Joe Jusko's rendition of The Punisher as seem here in the covers to the Punisher Magazine issue # 6 and # 8.
But my all time favorite has got to be this cover to The Punisher Magazine # 10.
Here's another artist that drew Marvel's antihero.  His name is Michael Golden.
 The cover to The Punisher # 50 by Michael Golden.
The cover to The Punisher Armory # 10 also by Michael Golden. Awesome! 
 Take a look at this cover by Michael Golden from The Punisher # 100.
 The Punisher War Zone # 23 by Michael Golden.
The Punisher # 86 by Michael Golden. 
Well, I hope you enjoyed the covers and artwork featuring The Punisher. 
I wonder who else worked on The Punisher as well?  Yeah, well that's a question for another day and another edition of the B'Cast.
Again I hope you enjoyed seeing the amazing artwork by these amazing artists. 
Drop by again soon for another edition of the B'Cast..I'll see you again soon. 
Take care Comic Fan! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 116th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Here's a blast from the past. It's a classic featuring my favorite wall crawler and one of my favorite super-villains. This is t...