Friday 15 March 2019

Your 99th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast

Hi there comic fans,  what's up?
I woke up this morning and read about two things that intrigued me, first, it was something about DC Comics Black Label. DC's Mature comics line or imprint which I guess is similar to Marvel's MAX Comics (is that still around?) or has the Mouse House destroyed that along with everything else?
The second thing is Superman Year One.
Yep, DC will release Superman Year One in June of this year.
Now according to DC, this will be the coming of age story of the future Man Of Steel. The story of how a young boy who also happens to be an alien from Krypton trying to find his place in a new world.
I guess you could say, this is the story of Clark Kent and his journey to becoming a legend, to becoming Superman.
Now the surprising thing for me is the choice of writer for Superman Year One. He's not what you'd call the obvious choice. As a matter of fact, some fans, well most of them would say he hates Superman.
He's none other than Frank Miller. He man who did Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Batman: Year One, Daredevil: Born Again and Daredevil: The Man Without Fear.
You can see why some comic fans are kinda skeptical about Miller.
His partner in crime for Superman Year One is John Romita Jr. who is known for his work on Iron Man, The Uncanny X-Men, Daredevil,  Daredevil: The Man Without Fear and just so many others.
It looks like his inker for this project is Danny Miki. Which is great news, I like how Danny Miki's inks complements Jr. Jr. 's pencils.
The artwork I've got here is all from DC Comics and I'm just sharing them cause I'm excited about Superman Year One. Look at the artwork, it looks really good.
Since the announcement of this project by Miller and Jr. Jr, there's been a few questions thrown out there,  like why Miller?
I read somewhere on line that a few people believe that Miller dislikes Superman and that Brian Brian Michael Bendis would seem like the more obvious choice since he is currently writing Superman.
I for one will wait for issue # 1 of Superman Year One to see how Miller writes and depicts the Man of Steel.
I am however really happy to see John Romita Jr and Danny Miki working on this project.
John Romita Jr has worked with Miller on Daredevil: The Man Without Fear, so I'm intrigued to see this 3 part series.  How about you?
Superman Year One # 1 will be available in June, take a gander at the cover below by Jr. Jr. and Danny Miki.
Superman Year One # 2 will come out in August.
While issue # 3 will be available in October 2019.
And the Superman Year One Collection will be available in November 2019.
So, yeah, Superman Year One. As I mentioned I am interested, I am intrigued and definitely curious about this project. A few questions here and there, not the least of which is why release this under DC 's Black Label which is meant for their more mature comics.
Guess I'll have to wait and find out.  Which won't be easy. As I've mentioned and complained for a long time, there's NO comicbook store where I am and I will have to find a way to get these three issues.
Thanks for dropping by, thanks for reading and I hope to see you again next time. Until the next B'Cast, take care Comic Fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 116th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Here's a blast from the past. It's a classic featuring my favorite wall crawler and one of my favorite super-villains. This is t...