Thursday 7 March 2019

Your 96th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast

Hey there Comic Fans, welcome to another B'Cast, your 96th B'Cast.
So what's up for this edition? Well, more comics.
Just the other day, I was sitting down with a few friends to talk about a project I wanted to do.  It's been on my mind for a while now.  Never got it off the ground and I never thought I would get a chance to actually do it but it looks like it could happen.
I'll keep you updated here if this project of mine gets going. If I don't mention it at all in the months to come, then you'll know that it ain't happening. Oh well.
Now, on to some comics. Three of my favorite issues of the Uncanny X-Men. Here we go.
My, what big teeth you have! Yikes.  Well, the blurb on the cover says it all,  the Brood is back!
This is The Uncanny X-Men issue 232. Cover by Marc Silvestri and Dan Green.
In this issue, the Brood lands on Earth and proceed to create a band of super-powered humans to aid them in infecting the Earth. Thankfully the X-Men sees the situation a little differently.
Another beautiful cover by the team of Silvestri and Green. This is the cover to issue 233. In this issue, the X-Men battle the Brood through the city of Denver.  Rogue, Wolverine and Psylocke are captured by the Brood, which brings us to the next issue.
The cover to The Uncanny X-Men issue 234 by Silvestri and Green.  Wolverine is infected by the Brood.
So, what happens in this issue? Well, it wouldn't be fair for me to spoil it for you, especially if you haven't read these three issues.
I highly recommend you go out of your way and locate these three issues. Great story by Chris Claremont and of course spectacular art by Marc Silvestri, Dan Green and Joe Rubinstein.
As a matter of fact Marvel collected all three issues into a collection called X-Men: Earthfall issue 1.
It reprints all three issues in one collection.
I forgot to mention, throughout the three issues, Chris Claremont was also laying the groundwork for Marvel's major cross over event, Inferno. So a lot to keep you interested.
These three issues are some of my favorites, they're what I like in comics, story and artwork.
Thanks for dropping by, hope you enjoyed this walk down memory lane. Until next time, take care Comic Fans!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 116th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Here's a blast from the past. It's a classic featuring my favorite wall crawler and one of my favorite super-villains. This is t...