Saturday 16 May 2015

The 18th Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast.

What was supposed to be a job that could be done in just one maybe two hours max has now turned into an entire weekend, well an entire Saturday, I've been going thru my collection and I found a few more comics that I had totally forgotten.  I think it's just pure luck I didn't throw them away or gave them away.  I kept them and I'm thankful.  Just wish I wasn't such a lazy comic book collector.

Okay here's a forgotten comic right here, does it look familiar? Yep, that there is a copy of Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.  It totally slipped my mind that I had a copy of this book, this is issue #4 by the way.  If you've read this issue already then you know what takes place at the last few pages as Batman and Superman meet, won't spoil it for you.  If you're not familiar with this landmark series, then try and get the TBP or go online and buy a digital copy. How did I get this issue, I think I got it from a friend who wanted to sell it, either that or I begged him to sell it to me, I forget.  But boy oh boy what a find.  Keeping this one for sure.  Look at that Frank Miller cover.
 Next is the first issue of Marvel Age, the promotional comic book sized magazine Marvel published from 1983 to 1994.  This is basically a comic book length edition of Marvel's Bullpen Bulletins,  remember them?  I used to love reading their announcements and stuff.  Marvel Age contained previews of upcoming Marvel comics, as well as interviews with comics professionals and other features, including occasional original comic strips.  Thos magazine is also noted for showcasing the early works of Kurt Busiek and Peter David.  The cover to issue # 1 features Crystar by Walter Simonson. 
And last I found this issue.  I bought this issue because I couldn't get Secret Wars I.  I foolishly thought that it would just be the same and that the artist was the same and everything, boy was I wrong.  I was really disappointed with this 9 issue limited series.  Really disappointed.  It was written by Jim Shooter Marvel's Editor in Chief at that time and primarily penciled by Allen Milgrom.  The only thing i like about this comic is the cover.  It was drawn by John Byrne and Terry Austin.  Despite my feelings about this comic, I'm still going to keep it.  this book goes all the way back to 1986.  So I'm going to keep it.  With Marvel publishing the new Secret Wars series right now, this book could be a keeper.
So there you go, some of the comics I found today, hope you enjoyed the 18th Co(s)mic comic Book broadcast.  Come back for the next broadcast okay.  Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 116th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Here's a blast from the past. It's a classic featuring my favorite wall crawler and one of my favorite super-villains. This is t...