Friday 15 May 2015

The Sixteenth Co(s)mic comic Book Broadcast: More Uncovered Gems

Yes, we have arrived at the Sixteenth Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast.  I'm still clearing some comics of mine and while it's alot of work but the thing that makes the work seem easy is the fact that I have uncovered a few comics that I actually forgot I had.  I am however getting really worried cause some of these comics are in bad bad condition.  I'm already asking around about what I can do to protect the ones that have survived all these years.  I'll have an update about this but for now, lets get to the gems I found.

Here we go:
These are my absolute favorites.  These two are from a time when Todd McFarlane was the regular artist on The Amazing Spider Man.  The Amazing Spider Man # 316, the title: Dead Meat!  In this issue Venom tries to hunt down Spidey and runs into the Black Cat. Venom discovers where Spider-Man lives. If you have this issue as well, go and read it, the comic stands the test of time, humor, action everything you could ever want in a comic book.
Script:David Michelinie, Pencils and Inks:Todd McFarlane, Colors:Bob Sharen and
Letters:
Rick Parker.  
 
Each month this team would create some really great stories and of course the art work of Todd McFarlane was always great.  I remember whenever I got an Amazing Spider Man issue, the first thing you do is to look for the spiders Todd would draw on the cover, he would sometimes write 2 or 5 or 7 along with his signature.  
 
Your task would be to locate the spiders on the cover.  Second task is to locate Felix the Cat somewhere in the book.  Todd would somehow include that cat in the story. Sometimes the fun was in locating all the spiders and stuff but hey, the story and art was good too.  I loved his run on The Amazing Spider Man.  Still do to this day, which brings me to this little gem:

Look at those snappers will ya? 

Okay first things first there are two spiders hidden somewhere on the cover, can ya find them??  That's the Amazing Spider Man # 313 entitled Slithereens.  This issue ties into the Inferno storyline.  During the Inferno madness, Curt Connors finds he can't help but transform into the Lizard.  I remember anytime when I could find a McFarlane issue of The Amazing Spider Man, I'd consider myself lucky.  I live in a small town, we didn't have any comic book specialty shops to go to.  So each month it would all be left up to luck if you can get an issue of this comic.

Condition wise, they're in fair condition, some nicks here and there, Issue #316 has that residue from the price tag I managed to peel off.  Over all they're both in fair condition.  I have to get some plastic covers for these comics.  I'm working on that as I prepare this blog.

I have more gems to share with you on the next Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast.  Hope you like what I'm sharing with you.  Thanks for reading.  Until next time, all the best to you.

#amazing spider man #todd mcfarlane # cosmic comic book broadcast

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 116th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Here's a blast from the past. It's a classic featuring my favorite wall crawler and one of my favorite super-villains. This is t...