Thursday 14 May 2015

The Fourth Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast: Daredevil. The Man Without Fear!

Hey, Welcome to the 4th Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast.  I’ve seen alot of news and posts about the new Daredevil TV Series on Netflix.  From what I’ve seen it looks to be really good. I saw the first episode and it was GOOD.  I really like it.

I was hugely dissapointed with the 2003 movie version by Mark Steven Johnson.  Despite his”best” efforts I believe that the movie just strayed too far from the source material.  Too many changes to the character and the fact that Daredevil actually lets some get himself sliced in half was just wrong.

I’m looking forward to watching the rest of the TV series.  I hope they will stay true to the source material.  I'm probably the only one who has not seen all the episodes.

There is a ton of great source material out there.  I hope they will use some of these materials.   I was hooked when I first read Daredevil Vol.1 by Ann Nocenti, John Romita Jr and Al Williamson.  Then it was the Guardian Devil story arc by Kevin Smith, Joe Quesada and Jimmy Palmiotti.

Just look at that cover.  Ain’t it a thing of beauty?  After reading this story arc I knew I had to find more Daredevil Issues to read and I am glad I did.

What else did I read?  A lot, there’s a lot of great story lines from Frank Miller to David Mack to Ed Brubaker and Brian Michael Bendis.  I’m hoping that the Netflix series will be good.  Have you seen the series, do you like it?  What about you?  I would love to hear from you about the upcoming TV series and also the various Daredevil books you like, please share, I appreciate it, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 116th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Here's a blast from the past. It's a classic featuring my favorite wall crawler and one of my favorite super-villains. This is t...