Thursday 14 May 2015

The First Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast!

Welcome to the first ever Co(s)mic Comic Broadcast!
This is something I have always wanted to do, to blog about this hobby of mine, this passion of mine.  For as long as I can remember I have always loved comics.  I started out just reading them, unfortunately I also started tracing them to create my own “comic” and finally I started collecting them but by then I realized just how badly I had treated my comics.  I had somehow destroyed most of my comics but there was NO TURNING BACK.

I can remember two out of my first three comics.  Two were Marvel Titles and one was a DC Comics title.

First off, let me say that I’m not a writer, certainly not much of a blogger, this is my first time blogging.  Always wanted to do this but never found the time, never really made an effort until now. Lets get this out of the way, I Love Comics.

Okay the first comic I ever read was Batman, unfortunately I can’t recall which issue, was it Batman or Detective Comics?  All I can remember is that I must have loved this issue because I cant find that comic anymore, I am still trying to look for this Batman issue just based on memory.  I'm hoping I will come across a page, a cover, something to jump start my memory, something!

Now my second comic, I  remember that one, yes my second comic was Fantastic Four Issue No.224, I remember this issue vividly, the Fantastic Four were losing their powers, Ben Grimm was losing his rocks and for a while there it looked as if it was the end of the famous cosmically powered quartet and if memory serves at the end of this issue, they were captured.  The memory of this comic stayed with me for a long time.  Funny how somethings stay with you and how other details get lost.


Now the third is Amazing Spider Man Issue No. 222.  This was another memorable comic.  The origins of Speed Demon.  It was another thrilling comic of action, fun and the wisecracks from the web slinger.  I think at the time the Electric Company was showing on TV and they had SPIDEY on the show, I was just excited to read this comic, little did I know what adventures lay ahead of me with the Amazing Spider Man.


Oh by the way I’m still looking for these two issue, haven’t come across these titles.  I would love to find a mint edition of both these titles and keep them in my small collection but they are hard to come by these days.  I can hope to find them one day.

As I write this I cant help but smile at the feeling I had when I read these issues (just wish my memory was better because I still can't recall the Batman Issue, can you believe that??)  I also remember how my interest in comics and later on collecting just kept growing as the years went on.  After these issues I remember buying magazine reprints of the Avengers, the Uncanny X Men, The Amazing Spider Man and Captain America.  The ones I remember are reprints of these issues.


It was an introduction to an incredible world.  One which I still enjoy to this day. 
Yes, these were all reprints in black and white and in magazine format but I just read them all and yes I traced over the panels and yes they were not kept in good condition.  Over the years I bought as many titles as I could get my hands on.  My reason for blogging about this is to share my passion with comic lovers out there.  I’m sure that there are things I can share with you and I can also learn from you as well about keeping the collection properly.

In the days and weeks to come, I hope to share with you my experience collecting comics for the past 10 to 20 years, I’ll share with you my favourite titles, my favourite artists and more.  I hope you’ll like what I have to say and share.  We’ll talk again soon.  Thanks.

#comicbook broadcaster #avengers #fantastic four #amazing spider man 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 116th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Here's a blast from the past. It's a classic featuring my favorite wall crawler and one of my favorite super-villains. This is t...