Saturday 16 May 2015

The Seventeenth Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast: Gems

Hey, thanks for reading the 17th Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast.  Hope you like what you've been reading.  Okay recently I've had to move a few of my comics out from a little cupboard I've been keeping them in and while I was doing that, I came across some comics that were favorites of mine.  These comics to me are gems and over the years I actually forgot I had them.  I've been having fun rediscovering these old gems and I thought I'd share them with you. 

Here are some of the gems for the 17th Broadcast, this is The X-Men and the Micronauts from January of 1984.  The cover is by Jackson Guice, he signed it as Butch Guice and it's inked by Bob Wiacek.

 
This four issue limited series had two writers on board, two very prolific writers, Chris Claremont and Bill Mantlo.  The art was handled by Jackson Butch Guice, Bob Wiacek, Rick Bryant and Kathy Orlando.  

Issue #1 was titled: First Encounter
Issue # 2 was titled: Into the Abyss

 Issue #3: Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory and finally we have:

Issue #4: Doppelganger.

Back in the day when the X Men were white hot, teaming them up with the Micronauts was a great idea to help bring some attention to this group from Inner space.  I remember once seeing a promo piece of the Micronauts drawn by Michael Golden, ever since then I was a fan.  I guess that's why I somehow bought this Limited Series.

Now I have to admit that I totally forgot I had this series and I am so thankful all four issues are in great condition for a book that came out in 1984.  I had a quick look at all four issues and the art is great, Jackson Guice is an artist who's artwork is unique, I love his work on Captain America. 

I didn't read through the entire series but I fully intend to do that before I pack them away again.  this Limited series was classified as Super Hero and Science Fiction.  A few years ago Marvel Comics launched quite a few science fiction based comics and introduced a few science fiction characters like Nova, Starlord, Guardians of the Galaxy, I wonder if Marvel still had the rights to publish the Micronauts, would they have been part of that science fiction line?  

It was a big surprise to see this Limited series, my memory fails when I tried to think back and remember how I got this series, I think I ordered this from the US many years ago but like I said my memory fails me. 

I'll have more gems to share with you on the Co(s)mic comic Book Broadcast, hope you have enjoyed what I've had to share with you.  Thanks for reading.  Drop by again.

#uncanny x men #micronauts #chris claremont #bill mantlo #jackson guice #bob wiacek

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 116th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Here's a blast from the past. It's a classic featuring my favorite wall crawler and one of my favorite super-villains. This is t...