Thursday 14 May 2015

The Sixth Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast: The Holy Grail Part 2 (See, told you there'd be more than just one, yes it's part two)
 
Hi, welcome to the sixth Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast: The Holy Grail Part 2.  Okay, I’m still on the subject of my Holy Grail, a list of items that would complete my collection.  It started out as a small list which has grown, there’s one item I’ve looking for, it’s this one, Amazing Spider Man # 252!  I wrote about this issue in my last blog, here's why this issue is so high on my list.
The new costume or symbiote first appeared in Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8 (May 1984), in which writer Jim Shooter and artist Mike Zeck depicted the heroes and villains of the Marvel Universe transported to another planet called Battleworld by a being called the Beyonder.  After Spider-Man’s costume is ruined from battles with the villains, he is directed by Thor and the Hulk to a room at the heroes’ base where they inform him a machine can read his thoughts and instantly fabricate any type of clothing. Choosing a machine he believes to be the correct one, Spider-Man causes a black sphere to appear before him, which spreads over his body, dissolving the tattered old costume and covering his body to form a new black and white costume. To Spider-Man’s surprise, the costume can mimic street clothes and provides a seemingly inexhaustible and stronger supply of webbing.
Who could blame Peter?  If I were in his situation, I’d be awake 24/7.  This issue was an introduction of sorts to the new costume. A simple story but a significant one in the history of comics.
Oh and they saved the best for last.
Well, that’s just one of the many Holy Grails I have yet to find, yeah I’m still looking for this issue, hey if you have a list of items you’re looking for, share it with me, we can compare notes.  This one is very high on my list.  Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed the blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 116th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Here's a blast from the past. It's a classic featuring my favorite wall crawler and one of my favorite super-villains. This is t...