Monday 25 May 2015

The 25th Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast: If I only kept these Comics in better condition

Hi, welcome to the 25th (!) Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast. As the title suggests, this is going to be about one of my biggest regrets, I found a few comics that were in just bad condition and it just hurts to see these great comics in such terrible shape.  What makes it worse is that I was the one who didn't take care of them.  I blame myself, I was a bad collector when I started.  I didn't know how to take care of these books.

I've mentioned before about how I had used tape on my comics, foolishly thinking it would be the cure all, end all solution for any damaged comics.  Well, here's some more evidence that I obviously did not know what I was doing.  Okay here comes the pain, for this post I'll start with this issue, I'll share the rest in my future posts.
This is a great comic.  This is a landmark issue and what do I do with it?  I did my repairs on it by using tape on the cover and also on the inside.  When I got this issue, I read it from cover to cover so may times.  This was one of the comics that introduced me to the world of DC Comics.  Up until then I had been a Marvel Comics Guy.

This is Tales of The Teen Titans Annual 3.  The fourth part of the Judas Contract: Finale.  Just look at that cover.  I love how George Perez drew this cover, it remains to this day one of my all time favourites.  Marv Wolfman and George Perez wrote this issue, Perez was co plotter and penciler.  The Inker was Mike DeCarlo, Colours by Adrienne Roy and letters by Ben Oda. 

In this issue The Titans learn the truth behind Terra and defeat the H.I.V.E's plans. Now I believe that this was the first appearance of Dick Grayson as Nightwing, you can see his original costume featured on the right hand side of the cover.  

Okay, ready for more of the damage I caused?  Here we go.
Luckily I didn't try to tear off that price tag on the cover, that would have caused even more damage.  Still it is a Sad sight isn't it.  Wait that's not all, take a look at this.
When I found this issue, I was very worried about the condition and I knew it was bad but I didn't think it would be THIS bad.  The cover had come loose mainly cause the tape has come loose as well, leaving behind this oil like stain on the cover and pages.  As I turned the cover, foolishly turned it I might add, I heard a small ripping noise and immediately knew that the tape was no longer holding anything together.  

I'm not sure what I can do or what I will do with this issue now.  Anyone have any suggestions?  This is a great issue of the Teen Titans.  I'm just sorry I didn't know any better back in my younger years.  This feels like such a waste, to see this issue in such bad shape.

Thanks for dropping by for the Co(s)mic Comic Book Broadcast. Hope you enjoyed my post, if you want, please follow me, I appreciate it.  Drop by again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 116th Co(s)mic ComicBook B'Cast.

Here's a blast from the past. It's a classic featuring my favorite wall crawler and one of my favorite super-villains. This is t...